Friday, February 22, 2013

If The Music Is Good, You *DANCE* {#Dchic Top 5 Downloads}

If the music is good, You Dance!
This is a quote I live and breathe by! Since my first pair of tiny little ballet slippers to accompany my pink tights and black leotard I knew dancing and music would play a major role in my life.

I was raised listening to “oldies” ya know, stuff like the Temptations and the Drifters. Of course being a southern girl country music was always another go to genre. It’s a running joke with a few of my girlfriends that The Ashley family sits around jammin’ to “Cool Country Classics” every Saturday night; AND why yes, as a kiddo that is exactly what we did. I wouldn’t give anything for those precious memories.
Of course, as we grow we start getting a little rebellious…honestly, I think my parents could see this one coming a mile away. Might have been the Saturday mornings I would skip cartoons to prep for the living dance sesh that was about to go DOWN as soon as Soul Train came on or the weekly video segments I recorded of my “spin-off” to Soul Train that I so proudly dubbed “Dance Till You Drop”. Yeap, hours upon hours of VHS videos of me solo dancing in my room, garage, outside-basically, wherever the camcorder could be propped worked as a perfect location.

So, after oldies and country I moved on to Paula Abdul, Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, and duh NKOTB {Jordan Knight + Tiffany Ashley=FOREVER}. The Parents were all totally ok with these artist but, when they started to hear Salt-n-Pepa, and Ice Cube’s “It was a Good Day” beating through the speakers of their daughters room, they surly thought they had lost their little girl forever!
Oh bless their sweet hearts!

At 31, I am STILL as obsessed with music and bustin’ a move. In all honesty, there are so many days I dream of a life as a DJ “spinnin’ the ones and twos”!! I SWEAR, I was destined to be a DJ…but, since that must be coming in my next life, for now I just pump my music 24-7 (the louder the better) and rock any jukebox that crosses my path!! Oh and you can believe that even today there are weekly solo dance parties in my home!

This my darlings is why I have decided to start sharing with you every Friday my Top 5 downloads of the week to help kick your weekend off. However, don’t be surprised if I toss in a few random throwbacks.
Basically, anything goes!!

Here are 5 new tunes I discovered this week and have kept on constant repeat!
Ps- you will need to have a Spotify account to listen- it's free to sign-up
You can linkin with your facebook as well.


I have two songs by Churchill on the playlist and seriously had to stop myself from adding a third- amazing group!
Follow all of the Delightfully Chic Spotify Playlist here!

dc signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same about music...it's my obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the playlist. I think I just upped my cool factor b/c I was completely clueless to this artist who I now know is immensly popular.


    www.haute30.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...