Wednesday, November 25, 2015

From The Gaither Kitchen {Sweet Potato + Pecan Tartlets}

 
 

Last night for my brother’s birthday I decided to changes things up a bit.  Instead of the traditional pecan pie that he always request for his special day, I decided to put a new spin on things and make these darling little Sweet Potato and Pecan Tartlets. I personally believe they could serve as an appetizer or you can place them on the dessert table.  I was honestly torn on how I would serve them. 
 


My brother in the end made this decision for me when he arrived at our home and immediately started eating these tasties warm out of the oven. I barely had time to plate them and snap this pic!  Luckily I had tiramisu and double chocolate layer cake on standby for dessert.




  Sweet Potato + Pecan Tartlets
{Makes approximately 30} 

1 cup mashed sweet potato
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 egg white
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans (pop in oven for 10 mins on 250°)
1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Packages Mini Phyllo Shells (2.1 ounces-15 shells per package)


Preheat Oven to 350°

Grab two mixing bowls
In the first bowl combine your mashed sweet potato, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Give it a good stir and set aside.
In your second bowl combine pecans, brown sugar, dark corn syrup, vanilla extract, and your egg white.  Give it a good stir and set aside.

Spoon 1 teaspoon of your sweet potato mixture into each shell.  Make sure you fill the shell and spread out evenly.  Next, spoon about 1/2 a teaspoon of your pecan mixture over the sweet potato in each shell.  Place each shell on an ungreased baking sheet. Pop into your preheated oven and let back for 20 minutes.  Once completed place each shell on a cooling rack for about 5 minutes. 
Plate and Enjoy!


dc signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...