Wednesday, June 3, 2015

For the Love of Cooking {Quinoa}

Today we are talking Quinoa.  
 I’m sure several of you have heard of this healthy little seed, but I’m sure there are still a 
few of you out there going what the hello is she talking about now?!  
 Let’s start with the basics.  What is Quinoa?

Quinoa is a plant more formally known as Chenopodium.  
 It is a tall grain crop that is harvested for its edible seed.
The seed of the plant that we call Quinoa is packed full of health benefits.    
Quinoa provides a high source of protein and riboflavin, which can help reduce headaches by
boosting metabolism within the brain.  It’s a non-fatty vegetable seed and since it’s not in the wheat
family it’s actually gluten free.

The plant...

The Seed


Ancient Harvest is the brand I have used in the past.



So how can you incorporate Quinoa into your daily meals.
So far I have used the seed to make hot cereal with blueberries and burger patties.
The cereal I would give a 6 out of 10 but, the burgers are a total 10!

Here are a few other recipes I plan to try next.

Quinoa Pizza Crust



Strawberry + Mango Spinach Salad with Quinoa
Recipe


Mac + Cheese Quinoa
This is a recipe I absolutely cannot wait to try!




Do you have any recipes incorporating
quinoa that you’re lovin?!
Do tell!! 

dc signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...