Thursday, April 16, 2015

Vintage Finds & Decisions to Make

A few weeks back on one  of my many excursions with mama, we laid eyes on 
two vintage lamps from the 70’s. I seriously stopped in my tracks and whipped around to say “ MAMA…oh my  gahhh I HAVE to have these”.  I was obsessed at first glance.  Now, if you know me, you know that I don’t just go to your big retailer stores and shop for our home.  As I said earlier this week, I like character, I like unique finds!  I also may go 3 years with a  blank wall in a particular room because I “just haven’t quite found what I’m looking for”.  I don’t just buy to buy, well that’s when it comes to décor.  Clothes, now that’s a different story.  I have known from the beginning I wanted 2 large lamps for our master bedroom nightstands. These gems were the perfect shade of green and hello they have a dimmer switch…I’m sold!  After purchasing these two dolls I turned to Mama to say, ok now I just need bigger nightstands and two lamps shades. Haha 
It’s never ending with me.

 

So today I’m calling on my DC readers!
What are your thoughts on the style of shade and color?  
Being the simple, clean line lover that I am I was thinking white deep drum shaped shades.   
Is that too boring or just right?!  I just don’t want to lose the uniqueness of the lamps 
by a busy shade.  Here is what we are currently working with.

 
Keep in mind we are adding 
décor over the bed, the drapes will be changing, 
and larger nightstands will be added.


And a few looks I’m loving …


dc signature

1 comment:

  1. What great finds! I have no clue what color shade you should use, but I know it will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...