Monday, October 19, 2015

Quote of the Week {Weekend Wrap Up}

Happy Monday!
What a fun weekend!  Sweet Mama and I escaped to the mountains this
past weekend to take in beautiful fall leaves and a little shopping! 
We started the day off in Boone and had all intentions of eating
at Daniel Boone Inn.  We arrived bright and early, but the wait was still
an hour and we had to STAND, IN LINE, OUTSIDE, in the FREEZING cold!
After about 20 minutes we gave each other "the look" and raced back to the car.
We found this cute little bagel shop, Boone Bagelry and then shopped the streets
of Downtown Boone. 

Of course we had to spend some time in Mast General Store
where Mama went crazy in the preserves department!
I can't point the finger too much, 
I went a little craze in the spice section!  


Next we were off to Curiosity, one of my favorite consignment stores.
On the drive there the leaves kept getting more and more gorgeous 
so we took a detour to the Tweetsie Railroad parking lot to snap a few pics and
do the obligatory selfie! 


Even though the leaves were in their peak color this week we both
still felt like we have seen them even more gorgeous in years past.
We kinda felt like we might have been a day or two late.
BUT, either way, they still provided a 
gorgeous mother-daughter fall moment! 

 Next we made our way to Curiosity!  
If you haven't been you should add it to your list!



 We wrapped things up in Boone and headed to my 
favorite spot!  Downtown Blowing Rock were we had lunch
at Six Pence and shopped the day away. 



 One of my go to shops in Blowing Rock is The Last Straw.
They have the most gorgeous decorations. 



And last but certainty not least, we picked up a new onesie
for Baby G that I am more than slightly obsessed with.
You all know my love for goats right?!  Remember me telling you that "I Gotta a Goat"?!
  Well, now, so does Baby G!  



It was a wonderful weekend!
I am thankful for weekends like this with the most
amazing mother a girl could ever ask for!

This weeks quote was actually picked by Sweet Mama!
I think it's absolutely perfect!



dc signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...