Wednesday, October 14, 2015

For the Love of Cooking {Finding Protein}

Since becoming pregnant one of the most popular
questions this 90% vegetarian is repeatedly asked,

ARE YOU GETTING ENOUGH PROTEIN?

Ugh!  Well I don't know, but I feel like I am?
I eat eggs on most weekends, I  eat hummus pretty often, I try to incorporate 
beans into our meals, and I've even had my burnt to a crisp bacon! 
This is where my 90% vegetarian part comes in!   

But, with all the questioning I obviously start to doubt 
myself.  So, just to be on the safe side I have been searching for
more recipes to help me up my protein so that Baby G is well
taken care of. I came across this recipe and I totally think I can get
on board with it. It's simple, has ingredients I love (minus the onions), and
provides 20 grams of protein!

White Bean Avocado Salad 


 {What You'll Need}
1 can white beans 
1 avocado, chopped 
1 Roma tomato, chopped 
Add 1/4 onion if you’re a fan-I will be skipping  

{Vinaigrette} 
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil 
1/4 cup lemon juice 
Dried basil to taste 
Garlic powder to taste 
Salt & pepper to taste 
1 teaspoon mustard 

Mix vinaigrette ingredients together and pour over salad. 
Refrigerate for a  couple of hours and serve.
recipe via


Simple, healthy, packed with protein! 
Sounds like a win to me!

Do you have any protein recipes for this 90% vegetarian?
Share! Share! Share!


dc signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...