Wednesday, April 15, 2015

For the Love of Cooking {Bottoms Up}

So last week as I was indulging in
one of my favorite guilty pleasures, Pinterest, I stumbled
across this colorful concoction and immediately felt myself get all kinds
of excited and one total summer high came over me!

A week later...Here I am, still thinking about it!
So, I decided it's time to share and start mixing!

Sangria Swirl Frozen Margarita
{Makes 2 Cocktails}

Ingredients
For the sangria swirl: 
1 cup red wine, frozen in ice cube tray 
2 tablespoons triple sec (orange liquor) 
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice 
Juice of half an orange

For the regular frozen margarita: 
6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate 
2 shots tequila 
1 shot triple sec 
1 cup ice


Instructions
Dip two margarita glasses in water or lime juice, and rim the edges with salt or sugar.
Next, puree the frozen red wine cubes with the triple sec, lime juice, and orange juice.
Pour into a small glass and have ready on the side.
Add the limeade concentrate (not defrosted), tequila, triple sec and ice to a blender.
Puree until slushy.
Divide the margarita mixture between two glasses, and swirl in the sangria mixture.

 Bottoms UP! 
 
Recipe Via Dessert For Two
dc signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...