Monday, December 7, 2015

Quote of the Week {Weekend Wrap Up}



Why are weekends so short?  I always feel like they fly by and I am always left with so many items still on my to do list!  Friday we kicked the weekend off with dinner with friends and came straight home after to be complete lazy bums.  There is just something about the shorter days and cold winter nights that leave me wanting to snuggle up in my comfiest pj’s and veg out.

Saturday we had a typical morning at The Gaither house and did a little cleaning and laundry.  I also made more bows for the banister garland and boxwood wreath on our front door.  I completely forgot to snap a pic so I will make sure to share on our Delightfully Chic Instagram page this week so make sure you are following to see.  We cut our work short to have a little holiday fun and had a late lunch with Scott’s parents.  After lunch we scooped Sweet Mama up and the 5 of us made a Starbucks run then went to the Twin Lakes Light Show.  It’s an annual tradition for us and so much fun.   Twin Lakes is an assisted living/retirement community and all those cute lil’ old ladies and gents go ALL out for Christmas.  They have a drive thru light show where they all stand at the end of their cul-de-sacs dressed in their festive best and wave and wish all the passerby’s a warm and Merry Christmas. It’s absolutely precious!  The best part, next to the residents, is there is no charge!  They only ask that you bring items for their food drive AND at the very end you receive a package of cookies baked by the residents that are always AMAZING!!  I did manage to snap a few pics of the lights! 


Sunday, we started the morning with church and then soaked up lots of qt with my family. Those really are the best kind of Sunday’s, don’t ya think? 

Oh and I did a little shopping for "Baby G" too!
 




Wishing you all an amazing week!!



 
 dc signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...