Wednesday, September 30, 2015

For the Love of Cooking {Pregnancy Cravings}

So far, I have only had 3 strong cravings to hit me 
 since being pregnant.  One of those cravings was for
a granny smith apple covered in caramel, chocolate and nuts.

You know the ones! 

Yep those lil' devilishly delicious balls of greatness!

Since the craving, I have had my fix thanks to Sweet Mama, 
but from time to time I feel the slight urge to devour another one coming
on again.  In an effort to keep some sense of sanity while I watch my 
precious little belly grow I decided why not have a little restraint with 
my cravings and make my own and downsize them.

So, I've been in search of a mini caramel apple recipe and I think
I might have two strong contenders!

First up, Apple Nachos (talk about hitting the jackpot)

  {What You'll Need}

5 apples, sliced
1/2 cup of peanut butter, melted
Chocolate chips to taste
Sliced or chopped almonds
 
Chop the apples. Slice 3 of the apples vertically, into wedges, and 2 of 
them horizontally, into circular slices.
Douse the apples with just a little bit of lemon juice so they don’t turn brown.
Melt the peanut butter in the microwave, using a Pyrex or
other measuring cup with a spout.
Arrange the apple slices on a large plate or platter
Drizzle the peanut butter carefully over the apples, 
then sprinkle your chocolate chips and nuts all around.
   
 Recipe Via Hello Giggles


The second recipe to cure my craving while keeping 
some self control, Mini Caramel Apples


  {What You'll Need} 


Extra-large apples
Caramels + 2 Tbsp milk
Lollipop sticks
Melon ball scoop
 Wax paper plates or a cookie sheet

Roll your wax paper out on a flat surface
Peel the apples and begin to scoop the balls out of them with the melon ball scooper
Push a lollipop stick into the center of each ball
Pat them dry and place in the refrigerator until time to dip in caramel
Unwrap the caramels and melt them in a pot over medium-low heat, with 2 Tbsp of milk
Once the caramel is melted and smooth remove from the heat and begin to dip each ball into the caramel letting the
excess drip before placing back onto the wax paper

Leave your Mini caramel goodness as is or sprinkle with your favorite toppings!
 

Recipe adapted from At Home in Love

dc signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...