Wednesday, February 25, 2015

For the Love of Cooking {Mixed Berry Smoothie}

Yesterday morning I woke up to a total surprise of a snow covered yard.
I gave it my best go and ventured out to a slippery mess!
I get an A for effort but in the end after a short drive and FIVE slip and slide tricks in the car…
the snow won and back to the homestead I went.
As beautiful as the snow was I still continue to dream of spring and warmer days ahead.
So, yet again trapped indoors I pretended it was spring and decided with the remaining fruit
I had stashed in the refrigerator I would make myself a little tropical concoction full of fiber and antioxidants.

Here are all the details on my
Mixed Berry & Mango Smoothie

{What You Will Need} 

1 1/2 Cup of Blueberries
1 Cup of Strawberries
1/2 Banana (optional)
1/2 Cup Mango
1 Cup Honey Yogurt (I suggest using Greek Yogurt for tartness and creamy texture)
1-2 Cups of Orange Juice (Adjust amount depending on your blender size)

*If you prefer a thicker smoothie freeze your fruit or if you are like me and like it more smooth just toss in about 4-6 cubes of ice. 

{How to make it Happen}
Combine blueberries, strawberries, banana, and mango into blender
Blender should be no more than halfway filled with fruit
Add 1-2 cups of orange juice to the blender and blend until smooth
Add yogurt and ice (if you did not use frozen fruit) to your smoothie and blend until smooth and creamy


Pour smoothies into two large glasses and serve with a festive straw!


Bottoms up!



 
dc signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...