Monday, April 8, 2013

Quote Of The Week and "My Heartbeat"

“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more
than he loves himself.”
-Josh Billings

They say when it rains it pours and this could not be more true of my life since Thursday of last week.
I went MIA on Thursday morning as my 11 year old Yorkie, aka my heartbeat and side kick 
Presley Hope became incredibly sick.  After a rush to the vet then a another emergency transfer to a specialty vet we now know my baby girl had a severe infection in her gallbladder that was extremely painful for her and effecting her pancreas and liver as well.
Pitiful would not even begin to describe her and I cried more than you can image.  After returning from NYC I was coming down with a cold but, after the stress and heartache of my baby girl feeling so yucky and not knowing if she was going to make it my sickness worsened as well.
Talking to doctors while coughing up a lung and having next to zero voice was not the easiest but, my amazing parents and brother stepped in to help in every way they could.
I am happy to report that after an insanely stressful weekend for all involved, especially my "Sweet P", my darling girl was able to come back home where she belongs yesterday.
We have lots of meds that she will have to take for the next 2 weeks, a very strict diet, and a follow up ultra sound next week but overall Presley is back to her old self.

Below is a pic of Presley and I on Saturday when she was finally able to come outside for a little fresh air.  She was still very sedated (hence the tongue sticking out- haha) but, doing much better.


By Sunday she had a complete turnaround and we were able to bring her home!!!!
Presley says "Hey, I think I wanna chase a few more balls"

My heartbeat is back where she belongs and we are both recovering nicely now that we are back together!!

There is just something about the unconditional love of a dog!!

Happy Monday!

dc signature

2 comments:

  1. Your dog is too cute. Visiting from the link up. I'm also hosting one this Thursday April 11. Show me your favorite Spring Trend. HOpe you can join.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I glad she is better. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...