Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Gaither: Holiday Simmering Pot


One of my favorite things to do during the holiday season and winter months is to pull together a simmering potpourri that will leave your home smelling of Christmas all day long!


There really is no specific rule as to what you toss into your simmering pot, but for me I like to include oranges, apples, cinnamon, fresh rosemary, fraser fir, cranberries, and oil.


This past Sunday as we were wrapping gifts I knew it was time for our first batch of the season.  So I pulled together what we had on hand.  Cranberries were MIA, but I decided to toss in a pine cone instead.  Something about it just felt right!


A few other tricks of the simmering pot trade:  I like to squeeze the juice of at least half of an orange into the pot and I also like to soak my apples in lemon juice.  This helps to add to the aroma and your apples will not brown quite as fast. 

dc signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...