Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Gaither Kitchen: Spicy Avocado Greek Yogurt Dressing

Since welcoming our baby girl Fiona into the world and adjusting to the most amazing job of being her Mom my time to blog has been way more limited than I ever thought it would be.  I guess I should have listened when my girlfriends warned, "you no longer have time for yourself"!  I wouldn't change one single thing, but I have missed blogging and keeping in touch with all of the DC readers.  So I am trying really hard to work blogging into my schedule again.  As I type, in this very moment I am holding the most precious little sleeping Baby Fi who is just snoring away! 

So what have I been up to?  So much!  I have a running list of upcoming blogs and can't wait to share.  Up first, a dressing I made a couple weeks back that is super tasty and perfect for summer.  

Spicy Avocado Greek Yogurt Dressing


This recipe is super simple and takes a quick 10 minutes to prepare.

Here is what you will need...


1 avocado
1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt
1 tsp hot sauce
2 tsp fresh lemon
2 tsp fresh lime (the lime will help keep the avocado from browning so quickly) 
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3/4 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients together and pour over your favorite summer salad.


My go to quick and easy salad that is perfect for this dressing is a simple mixed green, strawberry, feta, and sunflower seed salad. 



Give this dressing a try and let me know what you think!
I hope you will enjoy as much as I do!


1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful and I can't wait to try this! Looks so healthy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...