Wednesday, September 23, 2015

For the Love of Cooking {Fall Favorites}

Woohoo!!! I've been looking forward to this day 
for a few weeks now!  It's hibernation season (as I call it)!  Time to
break out those big chunky sweaters, your super stylish boots, 
and oh yea one of my favorite accessories, scarves!
My arms are reached out wide welcoming the cozy 
season that is FALL! 

I am by no means a chief, but I do love to cook!
On a busy week, for the simplest yet tastiest dishes I  turn
to my trusty ole crockpot! It is always a  guaranteed home run
in the Gaither house.  

Here are few of my faves!

Enchilada Orzo 
What You'll Need

1 (14.5-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 (10-ounce) can Old El Paso mild enchilada sauce
1 (4.5-ounce) can Old El Paso chopped green chilies, drained
1/2 cup vegetable broth, or more, as needed
1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
 

 Find the complete recipe on Damn Delicious

Pumpkin Chili 
What You'll Need

1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 can red kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2-3 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp cumin
1 red and yellow bell pepper, chopped
Pinch of salt and pepper
Garnish with sour cream and cheddar cheese

Find the complete recipe on A Pumpkin and  A Princess 
 


This last super easy perfect for the cooler months crockpot recipe 
I just discovered yesterday thanks to my girlfriend Bishop! 
I so can't wait to try this one.  Remember, I am almost 100% vegetarian until
someone says BBQ!

Root Beer Pulled Pork
 What You'll Need

2 pound pork tenderloin
12 ounce can of root beer
18 ounce bottle of barbecue sauce
8 hamburger buns

Find the complete recipe on Table Spoon

What are your favorite Crock Pot Recipes?!
 
 
dc signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...