Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Snowflakes for Sandy Hook

It's the day after Christmas and I hope you all enjoyed making magical memories with your family and loved ones.  I'm sure I was not the only one yesterday who found themselves reflecting on the horrible shootings and those precious lives that were taken far too soon in Connecticut.  It is absolutely heartbreaking to me to even think of those parents who had to wake up yesterday morning without their children.  I can't even fathom the hurt and pain they must be suffering.  

Just last week I received an email about the new school that Sandy Hook will be opening in January.  

Here is where Sandy Hook is asking for our help!!
(excerpt from email below)


"We are asking your students to make and decorate a snowflake. We will hang them in the hallways at the stark, new building where the Sandy Hook students will be returning. PLEASE NO WORDS! We want just a cheerful, happy (glitter and sparkle) environment for the students entering the new building.    
Parent-volunteers are working to ensure that the students are welcomed back by a winter wonderland with the entire school decorated with as many unique snowflakes as possible. We encourage senders to be as creative as possible, remembering that no two snowflakes are alike."

This email was originally sent out to other schools asking for there help however, it is no surprise that once the email circulated everyone across the country wanted to help out and get creative to attempt to even bring the tiniest smile to a returning students face!

So here at Delightfully Chic we are asking you all to help out and make a snowflake!  I know there are a lot of VERY creative readers out there so please while you are wrapping up your holiday and end of the year take 15-30 mins to sit down and release your creative juices! 

Below I have rounded up a little inspiration as well as a link to help you create a snowflake.

images 

Click here for tips on how to make the perfect snowflake from domestic diva Martha Stewart!


For anyone living close to me feel free to drop your snowflakes off at my home OR contact me via email delightfullychic@yahoo.com and I can meet you to collect and send in with my snowflakes. 
For all others not in the area- below is the address to where you should send your creations.
I urge all of you to continue to help spread the word but, keep in mind Sandy Hook is requesting that all snowflakes be mailed by January 12th

Please send all snowflakes and donations to: 
Connecticut PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway
Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514


dc signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...