Thursday, October 8, 2015

Four Creatives + A PumpKalligraphy‬ Workshop

Last night I had the honor of teaming up with 3 other amazing and
local talents to host a #PumpKalligraphy Event!
The workshop included a hands on tutorial from calligrapher
Maghon Taylor of All She Wrote Notes.  Julie Poole, an amazing 
invitation designer, hosted the event at her adorable shop, Juliepatoolie's located 
in Burlington, NC.  Julie  was the genius behind our wedding invitations and the many
paper details for our big day.  Suzanne Smith, an up and coming blogger and voice 
behind Crazy Blonde Life wow'd the guests with her delicious and clever
fall recipes. Yours truly provided style tips for creating your tablescapes
for the upcoming Halloween holiday. 

The Crew From Left to Right
Make sure to follow these ladies on Instagram!

 Let's talk about the decor!  
I am not a huge fan of Halloween.  This is probably due to the fact I was raised 
by parents who were not fans of the holiday.  I am also not a fan of scary, bloody, creepy,
things jumping out of the dark scaring the candy corn of out me! However, I can totally get down 
with movies like Teen Witch and Hocus Pocus.
Also, when it comes to styling decor for the spooky season, I'm not a fan of the 
typical yellow, orange, and white.  So, for this event, I wanted it dark, but not scary, while 
still representing Halloween, but in a glamorous way.
So I channeled my inner Ozzy Osbourne.




The simplest DIY, wine bottles spray painted in a matte black paint 
to serve as a vase for the single red rose.  I used the black paint to also
age the rose a little.



The punch bowl was gorge!  I used a feather wreath to circle the bottom and 
baby's breath that I had misted with a black spray paint to grey them a little to help
hide the bowl that was producing the dry ice smoke! 

 These amazingly insane candelabras were completely epic in my eyes.
The black candles slowly dripping just completed the look!

Suzanne handled all of the food and holy spooksville it was
delicious beyond words.  Suzanne is an incredible chef and
you can count me first in line for any taste testing.


The cheese ball covered in poppy-seed and the jalapeno stuffed mummies...
WOWZERS!  After I consumed like 5-7 mummies, Suzanne and I decided Baby G
was going to come out one hot lil' pepper! I seriously could have eaten them all! 
Make sure you stop by Crazy Blonde Life as Suzanne will be sharing all
the how to's on her blog! 



We had an awesome turnout and I really think these ladies
had a blast.  Who couldn't have fun with that much glitter??


 

Thank you to everyone for a wonderful night of festive fun 
with no spooky business! 

I think we might just have a little Christmas workshop up our sleeves so,
stay tuned! 
dc signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...